OneTrust released new collaboration features integrated into the Assessment Automation Module for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other global privacy laws. The new features enhance collaboration, workflow, automation and usability to simplify compliance recordkeeping.
The OneTrust team is continuously updating and adding to our industry-leading privacy management technology to ensure optimal experience for customers and users. A challenge that many businesses face is the need to bring together several groups of people for reviews and proposals. The new collaboration features solve this challenge by allowing people across teams, regions and departments to work together to complete assessments and maintain compliance with global privacy laws.
Additional new features include:
- Multi-approvers with configurable approver groups and tiers of approval
- Multi-respondent feature to delegate answering of certain questions to other parties
- Flag questions as “needs more information” to review, chat and collaborate in real-time between business and privacy teams
- Inline comment threads to simplify collaboration across multiple reviewers
- Integrated assessment, PIA and data mapping assessment workflows to pre-populate assessment answers
- Automated assessment rules to automatically trigger sending additional assessments based on the first assessments answers and risk
- Auto-populate new processing activities or records of processing activities (RoPA) in the data inventory from the assessment
- Consolidated risk review process to centrally view and manage risks across all assessment types, applications, processing activities and more
- Simplified data element discovery through a new personal data matrix in the assessment
- Template builder improvements to easily drag / drop questions across sections, expanded view to build rules and more robust rule configurations
- Reopen completed assessments without resending new assessment
- Improved role access controls to allow users to access multiple organization groups within the OneTrust tool
The roll out of these features has already started, and many are available in the OneTrust platform today. Additional capabilities will be rolling out over the coming months, and customers will be notified via OneTrust release notes.
More resources on OneTrust Assessment Automation:
Register for OneTrust’s global user conference, PrivacyTECH to learn more about OneTrust Assessment Automation and dive deep into OneTrust’s products, roadmaps and use cases. Learn more and register today at PrivacyTECH.com.