Belgian DPA Approves TCF Action Plan: Where We Go From Here
The AdTech industry is on the brink of change amidst several regulatory and industry shifts. On January 11, the Belgian DPA approved an action plan to bring the processing of personal data within the IAB Europe’s Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF), the most widely-used advertising industry framework, into compliance with the GDPR. IAB Europe will implement their action plan over the next six months.
The case centered around complaints made to the Belgian DPA in 2019 relating to the role that the IAB Europe’s TCF plays in the OpenRTB system and its use of ‘TC Strings’ to capture data subjects’ consent preferences.
Watch this on-demand webinar to gain insight into the ruling and understand what this means for customers currently using TCF to deliver consent-based ads.
- Learn more about the ruling
- Understand IAB Europe’s plan to bring the TCF into compliance
- Find out what this means for publishers
- Understand how OneTrust is responding
Further resources on the IAB Europe case:
- OneTrust Blog: Belgian DPA Issues Final Decision in IAB Europe Case
- OneTrust DataGuidance News: Belgian DPA approves IAB Europe’s action plan
- Text of the DPA Decision (February 2022): Decision on the Complaint relating to Transparency & Consent Framework
- FAQs from IAB Europe on the DPA Decision (September 2022): FAQ: APD Decision on IAB Europe and TCF
- IAB Europe News Room