Schrems II Fallout: Reaction and Analysis of the new EDPB Guidelines
Webinar Date: Wednesday, November 18 | 9:00 am EST, 2:00pm GMT
Last week was a landmark week for international companies with the European Commission for the first time in 10 years publishing proposed NEW Standard Contractual Clauses (‘SCCs’) which are used by most international companies to transfer data and with the European Data Protection Board (‘EDPB’) publishing NEW Schrems II Recommendations on how to carry out the required assessment of international data transfers post Schrems II. These developments are of key importance to international companies.
OneTrust DataGuidance, Sidley, and an expert panel will provide analyse on the new SCCs and the latest EDPB Recommendations, and the key questions for organizations in understanding the future of international data flows. In this webinar we will be joined by a cross-industry panel including Caroline Louveaux, CPO at MasterCard, William Long, Partner at Sidley, Lara Liss, Global CPO at Walgreens Boots Alliance, Lee Parker, Head of Privacy ECP at Biogen, Monika Tomczak-Gorlikowska, CPO at Prosus, and Alan Raul, Partner at Sidley, who will pick up on the conversation during last week’s Schrems II Fallout webinar.
Due to the importance of these key developments for international companies this 60-minute webinar may run up to 90 minutes.
Key Takeaways will include:
- What are key changes with the NEW SCCs and when do companies need to implement them
- In-depth reaction and analysis of the new EDPB Schrems II Recommendations
- Understanding how to carry out a Data Transfer Assessment
- Looking at the Supplementary Measures organisations may need to implement when transferring personal data
- How to plan for international data transfers over the next few months