OneTrust today announced it has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), an ecosystem of independent software vendors and managed security service providers that have integrated their solutions to meet the demands of constantly today’s evolving privacy and security landscape. Through this integration, OneTrust helps Microsoft 365 customers automate data subject access requests (DSARs) data across their Microsoft 365 systems.
Learn more: OneTrust Adds Native Microsoft Integration into Privacy Management Solution
The data privacy regulation landscape is rapidly expanding and becoming more complex each day. With the recent passing of PIPL in China, new laws emerging in North America, and shifts to existing regulations in Europe and the United Kingdom, people are gaining more control over their data – such as the right to access, delete, or amend information a company may have on them. To comply with these privacy rights and build more trust between businesses and their customers and employees, organizations need to build mechanisms to quickly and accurately respond to requests.
The OneTrust and Microsoft Priva integration enables organizations to automate DSAR fulfillment through discovery and actioning of personal information in Microsoft 365 environments, including:
- Request Lifecycle Automation: OneTrust’s privacy management solutions help customers streamline DSARs across the entire lifecycle, including request intake, identity verification, structured and unstructured data discovery, data redaction, and secure communication with the requestor.
- Data Discovery and Deletion: Through pre-built integrations, OneTrust automatically discovers, deletes, updates, or otherwise actions the requestor’s data in real-time across Microsoft 365 applications. Results of the discovery are automatically aggregated into reports that can be shared with the individual through a secure communication portal.
- Automated Data Redaction: Increasingly, organizations receive DSARs from employees that involve data in Microsoft 365. The files, emails, and documents associated with the requestor may also include others’ personal data or confidential company information. OneTrust helps automatically identify and redact sensitive personal information in emails, documents, and other files pulled from Microsoft 365 systems before sharing that information with the requestor.
“In today’s privacy landscape, one of the most impactful ways organizations can build trust with their customers and employees is by quickly responding to data rights requests,” said Chet Devchand, Director of Business Development Management at OneTrust. “OneTrust’s automated DSAR offering helps streamline every step of the request cycle. As we see more global citizens protected by data privacy regulations, we are glad Microsoft Priva shares our mission of helping organizations operationalize trust with flexible, easy-to-use solutions.”
“Microsoft Priva helps organizations safeguard personal data and build a privacy resilient workplace,” said Hammad Rajjoub, Director, Product Marketing, Microsoft Risk, Compliance and Privacy Ecosystem. “Members of the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association, like OneTrust offer solutions that benefit from Microsoft’s rich extensibility scenarios for Privacy to adapt, extend, integrate, and accelerate member solutions for our shared customers.”
OneTrust and OneTrust Privacy are registered trademarks or trademarks of OneTrust LLC or its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions.
OneTrust is the category-defining enterprise platform to operationalize trust. More than 10,000 customers, including half of the Fortune Global 500, use OneTrust to make trust a competitive differentiator, implementing central agile workflows across privacy, security, data governance, GRC, third-party risk, ethics and compliance, and ESG programs.
The OneTrust platform is backed by 200 patents and powered by the OneTrust Athena™ AI and robotic automation engine, and capabilities include:
- OneTrust Privacy – Privacy Management Software
- OneTrust DataDiscovery™ – AI-Powered Discovery and Classification
- OneTrust DataGovernance™ – Data Intelligence Software
- OneTrust Vendorpedia™ – Third-Party Risk Exchange
- OneTrust GRC – Integrated Risk Management Software
- OneTrust Ethics – Ethics and Compliance Software
- OneTrust PreferenceChoice™ – Consent and Preference Management Software
- OneTrust ESG – Environmental, Social & Governance Software
In 2020, OneTrust was named the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 500 with a 48,000% three-year growth rate. According to the IDC Worldwide Data Privacy Management Software Market Shares Report, 2020, “OneTrust is leading the market outright and showing no signs of slowing down or stopping.”
OneTrust has raised a total of $920 million in funding at a $5.3 billion valuation from Insight Partners, Coatue, TCV, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, and Franklin Templeton. OneTrust’s fast-growing team of 2,000 employees is co-headquartered in Atlanta and London with additional offices in Bangalore, Melbourne, Denver, Seattle, San Francisco, New York, São Paulo, Munich, Paris, Hong Kong, and Bangkok.