Get Compliant Before the New Federal & Regional Changes to Consent and Transparency Practices!
At the federal level, under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000 (‘PIPEDA’), there will be penalties consisting of fines from penal proceedings in cases of investigation obstruction and non-compliance with breach notification requirements. Additionally, at the regional level, under Québec’s Bill 64, the CAI will enforce administrative monetary penalties (‘AMPs’) of up to CAD 10,000,000 (approx. €7,031,760) or 2% of worldwide turnover. Therefore, understanding the consequences of non-compliance with PIPEDA and Québec’s Bill 64, it is crucial for Canadian organizations, and those targeting Canadian data subjects, to implement a consent management platform.
OneTrust Cookie Consent operationalizes consent compliance and provides support to implement cookie banners compliant with PIPEDA and Bill 64. Businesses and organizations can leverage our Cookie Consent solution for:
- Website scanning to detect all first- and third-party cookies, tags, trackers, pixels, beacons and more.
- A professionally designed library of out-of-the-box templates that can be customized with brand colors and messaging.
- Use of geolocation rules to automatically display different banners and consent models based on region, country, or state.
- Automated dashboarding and reporting to monitor consent metrics.
- A centrally located, historical consent database to demonstrate compliance to regulators and auditor.
- Operationalizing compliance with PIPEDA, Bill 64, GDPR, CCPA, and hundreds of others.