The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) introduces new rights for California residents, requiring companies that conduct business in the State of California to implement changes to their privacy programs to meet the expectations of California consumers and lawmakers. While the law goes into effect on Jan. 1, 2020, the 12-month “look back” requirement that mandates organizations to provide records covering the 12-month period preceding the date of a consumer’s request is motivating companies to make operational changes to address the CCPA today.
To support these compliance initiatives, OneTrust today released OneTrust for CCPA, a full set of solutions and services to help companies implement the requirements of the CCPA, regardless of the current maturity of an organization’s privacy program. OneTrust for CCPA is a full set of solutions and services specifically designed to implement CCPA features, requirements and workflows and can be scaled to support a harmonized global privacy program. By bringing together comprehensive CCPA research, innovative CCPA-specific privacy management software, expert professional services and the OneTrust CCPA PrivacyConnect community, OneTrust for CCPA provides companies with a holistic approach to operationalizing the CCPA.
OneTrust for CCPA includes:
- CCPA Research and Readiness Portal: Understand the CCPA with OneTrust’s in-depth research on the law, including CCPA summaries, comparisons and guidance; a state and federal law and data breach law tracker and a CCPA Readiness and Planning Assessment.
- CCPA Privacy Management Software: Three new tailored offerings, including a CCPA “Do Not Sell” and “Consumer Rights” Bundle, a CCPA Privacy Governance Bundle and a CCPA Consumer Engagement Bundle, with specific features and workflows designed to address the granular requirements of CCPA that can also expand to address the needs for a harmonized global privacy program.
- CCPA Professional Services: New hands on offerings from OneTrust’s professional services team including CCPA Health Check with an analysis and report on current operational gaps with the CCPA, a CCPA Implementation Program to help with using OneTrust for CCPA compliance, CCPA Managed Services for ongoing management of key CCPA operational activities and the CCPA Validation, a post-implementation validation and attestation letter of compliance.
- CCPA Community: Tap into a network of CCPA privacy professionals through PrivacyConnect, free CCPA workshops in cities across the globe, and PrivacyTech, OneTrust’s global user conference. In addition, the free CCPA by OneTrust Mobile App can be used to search, highlight and bookmark the full CCPA text, available for Apple iOS and Android devices and the CCPA Advisory Board to provide direct input in the OneTrust CCPA roadmap.
Additional OneTrust CCPA resources:
- How OneTrust Helps: California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- A Comprehensive Guide to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
- Privacy Rights under the CCPA vs. the GDPR