May 24, 2022
Your Guide to The Trust Intelligence Platform from OneTrust
6 Min Read
At OneTrust, it’s always been our mission to build trust and demonstrate impact. We’ve done that by working closely with our customers to create the number one software for privacy, security, and governance. Over the last few years, we’ve been hard at work building something new. Today, I am excited to announce the Trust Intelligence Platform from OneTrust. This ushers in an entirely new category of software around trust intelligence dedicated to solving today’s critical business challenges around trust and transparency.
IDC’s Ryan O’Leary told us, “The Trust Intelligence Platform from OneTrust is a bold and unique step towards enabling customers to establish trust from a technology standpoint and builds a platform for companies to build, manage, and demonstrate stakeholder trust.”
The Trust Intelligence Platform delivers visibility across trust domain areas, action based on AI and regulatory intelligence, and automation to build trust by design as a reflex in organizations. The platform unifies Privacy & Data Governance, GRC & Security Assurance, Ethics & Compliance, and ESG & Sustainability programs where teams, data, and processes can integrate, giving businesses a centralized view, report, and understanding of business trust.
The platform is built on an intelligent engine that integrates global frameworks, standards, and regulations so companies can track compliance with various laws. Benchmarking, insights, and reporting capabilities enable leaders to understand how their program is developing and assess program maturity compared to industry peers. Trust Centers give stakeholders a dynamic, engaging, and centralized view of all of a company’s relevant policies, data, and reports in a way everyone can trust from OneTrust and verify.
The Trust Intelligence Platform
Start with one cloud of the platform or build into other trust domains as your program matures. The Trust Intelligence Platform includes:
The OneTrust Privacy & Data Governance Cloud: People demand greater control of their data, unlocking an opportunity for organizations to use digital interactions to go beyond compliance and build trust through transparency, choice, and control. The OneTrust Privacy & Data Governance Cloud helps companies adopt best-in-class privacy practices, so individuals trust them with their data, allowing them to deliver more valuable experiences and create business value through trust. Trust domains in the Privacy & Data Governance Cloud include:
- Privacy Management: Manage the workflows, tasks, and reporting required for privacy compliance through purpose-built applications powered by automated data discovery and embedded regulatory intelligence.
- Data Governance: Gain visibility into your data through automated discovery, classification, and cataloging. Define and enforce data policies across your businesses’ data lifecycle and ecosystem to give the right people the right data, at the right time, for the right purpose.
- Consent & Preferences: Deliver transparency and choice to individuals and enforce consent-based governance across the data lifecycle to build trust with consumers and enable trusted data use across your business.
- Responsible AI: Go beyond what you can do with data to what you should do with data by ensuring the ethical and responsible use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) technologies.
The OneTrust GRC & Security Assurance Cloud: The global threat landscape evolves each day, bringing new and unexpected risks to people and organizations. The OneTrust GRC & Security Assurance Cloud helps companies and supply chains stay resilient in the face of continuous cyber threats, global crises, and natural disasters – so organizations can operate with confidence. Trust domains in the GRC & Security Assurance Cloud include:
- Governance & Policy Management: Automate the end-to-end management of policies, standards, and procedures.
- IT Risk & Security Assurance: Identify and assess IT and cyber risk to make better risk-informed decisions.
- Third-Party Risk: Assess, mitigate, monitor, and report on risks associated with vendors, and access a data sharing community with information on thousands of third parties.
- Audit & Compliance Management: Manage internal compliance with frameworks and standards and prepare for independent audits.
The OneTrust Ethics & Compliance Cloud: The most resilient organizations nurture a culture that fosters ethical behavior where everyone feels empowered to speak up, share their perspectives, ask challenging questions, and raise concerns without fear of retaliation. The OneTrust Ethics & Compliance Cloud fosters and promotes an open and safe environment for employees, maximizing insights into the health of a company’s culture, so leaders can act decisively upon areas of risk. Trust domains in the Ethics & Compliance Cloud include:
- Ethics Program Management: Inform, engage, and train employees with an Interactive Code of Conduct, Ethics Policy Management, and Ethics Training.
- Speak-Up Culture Assurance: Enhance your speak-up culture with targeted Helpline engagement, streamline investigations with Ethics Case Management, and proactively mitigate risk with Disclosure Management.
- Third-Party Due Diligence: Manage third-party risk with automated screening, due diligence, risk management, and ongoing monitoring.
The OneTrust ESG & Sustainability Cloud: People want to buy from, work for, and invest in businesses that demonstrate a positive impact on people and the planet in ways that everyone can understand and verify. The OneTrust ESG & Sustainability Cloud offers organizations the ability to define core environmental and sustainability metrics, track progress towards those goals, and foster trust with key stakeholders through enhanced transparency. Trust domains in the ESG & Sustainability Cloud include:
- Carbon Accounting: Calculate, understand, reduce, offset, and disclose your Scope 1 and 2 emissions, including energy consumption and mobile combustion. Build a carbon reduction plan that is in line with the latest climate science and avoid greenwashing with carbon offsets.
- ESG Program Management: Streamline ESG data collection and reporting with centralized management and action-oriented analysis. Centralize ESG data from across your organization and suppliers. Auto-populate ESG reporting frameworks and standards such as SASB, GRI, CDP, and more. Implement fully compliant ESG reporting, program management, and carbon accounting for your investment portfolio.
- Supplier Sustainability and Responsibility: Calculate and understand your Scope 3 emissions, such as purchased goods and services, water and waste from your office buildings, and business travel. Build a more responsible supply chain and reduce reputational risk by assessing suppliers, tracking adherence to policies, and holding them accountable.
When will I see the new Trust Intelligence Platform in the product?
As part of the launch of The Trust Intelligence Platform, we’ve updated the names of our existing modules to more accurately reflect their functionality and added new modules and capabilities to the products you already know and love. If you’re a current customer, you’ll notice the new module names make their way into your OneTrust products in the coming weeks. However, once these changes occur, you’ll always have the option to customize your OneTrust tenant however you’d like. To make this transition even easier, we’ve created a quick guide for customers to easily reference the new platform architecture and naming structures, including at-a-glance comparisons between the original module names and their new naming convention.