OneTrust today announced expanded over-the-top (OTT) compliance capabilities, enabling publishers and advertisers to capture consent and preferences from within OTT applications and Connected TV (CTV) environments to support compliance with GDPR, CCPA, IAB TCF 2.0 and more.
OTT stands for “over-the-top,” and is used to explain streaming media services that are offered directly to viewers via the Internet. OTT bypasses cable, broadcast, and satellite television platforms, the companies that traditionally act as a controller or distributor of such content.
As many of us know, OTT content is rising in popularity throughout the world. In fact, 74% of all U.S. households now have some form of subscription video-on-demand service, 38% of which are subscribed to more than one.
This new type of content distribution creates an exciting opportunity for publishers and advertisers to deliver targeted content to consumers in new, more personalized ways. However, it also creates complexities around handling consumer’s personal data. By implementing privacy controls into OTT applications, publishers and advertisers can avoid legal ramifications, while also transparently communicating with consumers to build trust. This is where OneTrust OTT App Compliance helps.
Request a demo to learn more about OneTrust’s OTT App Compliance
OneTrust PreferenceChoice provides the leading consent management platform (CMP) for publishers and advertisers to comply with GDPR, CCPA and hundreds of other regulations, as well as frameworks from the IAB and DAA. OneTrust’s OTT app compliance solution is comprised of direct API calls and native SDKs built for each platform and the corresponding actions to set and read consent and preferences across a variety of OTT platforms such as Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, and smart TVs.
Key OTT App Compliance use cases include:
- Privacy Rights: Enable publishers to integrate OneTrust into their OTT app to comply with CCPA and GDPR consumer and privacy rights.
- GDPR Opt-In Consent: Facilitate GDPR and ePrivacy compliance with transparent data processing communications, clear opt-in consent collection when required, and a full audit trail of consent receipts to demonstrate compliance.
- Advertising and TCF 2.0 Compliance: Leverage the IAB TCF 2.0 framework to conduct targeted advertising in compliance with the GDPR, while appropriately storing consent and preferences and signaling it downstream to ad tech vendors.
- CCPA Opt-Out of Sale: Integrate OneTrust into OTT applications to support compliance with the CCPA consumer’s right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information within the OTT’s privacy settings.
- Cross Device Management: Leveraging OTT App Compliance as part of the OneTrust CMP enables publishers to collect and centralize consent records across platforms including web, mobile apps, OTT, AMP and offline channels.
- Multiple Profile Management: Help publishers and advertisers manage consent and preferences for both households and individuals to allow for granular user controls within OTT applications.
OneTrust OTT App Compliance empowers publishers and advertisers to deliver on their users’ expectations while collecting the consent they need to remain compliant despite the constantly changing ad tech ecosystem.
If you need additional help managing OTT compliance, sign up for a demo to get your questions answered directly by a publisher expert.