Five years ago, OneTrust was founded. Over the years, OneTrust has grown to become the technology platform of trust and the #1 fastest-growing company on the Inc. 500. In this blog post, we’ll cover the history of OneTrust, what trust means to us, and how you can celebrate with us all month long.
The History of OneTrust
Five years ago, OneTrust was founded. It was 2016, and the GDPR was two years away from becoming law, and other regulations were sure to follow. These new and emerging global regulations meant that many companies could no longer manage privacy programs manually, and OneTrust created technology to assist and automate privacy compliance and accountability.
We quickly learned from our customers that as privacy programs matured, they had broader goals on trust and transparency. How can companies be more trusted? Building trust brings together privacy, security, data governance, third-party risk, GRC, ethics and compliance, and ESG into a single operational workflow.
In five years, OneTrust has worked alongside our ecosystem of customers, partners, employees, and the community, to build the software platform for trust. Together we’ve built the #1 fastest-growing company on the Inc. 500 and category-defining enterprise software to operationalize trust.
We’re today supporting our 10,000 customers to build mission-driven companies with cultures that differentiate on trust, transparency, and choice. We’re doing this with our 2,000-strong employee base and global network of partners, industry organization partners, Connect community members, and more.
Download the infographic: Five Years of OneTrust: Building the Technology Software Market of Trust
Building Trust with our Customers
Today more than ever, people want to work with companies they trust. We’re helping our customers, partners, and community build more trusted organizations – not just to comply with the growing list of global laws and security frameworks – but because it’s the right thing to do.
Today OneTrust has grown to:
- 10,000 customers, including 75 of the Fortune 100 and more than half of the Global Fortune 500
- 2,000 employees across 13 global offices
- 150 awarded patents to support our technology across privacy, security, data governance, third-party risk, GRC, ethics and compliance, and ESG
- A $5.3 billion valuation from $920 million in funds raised
- The platform of trust, together with in-house innovations and support from our several strategic acquisitions
Read more about OneTrust’s growth and hear from the community and our investors in our press release.
Celebrating Five Years of Trust
Throughout the month of June, OneTrust will be celebrating five years of building trust with our customers, partners, employees, and community at large. Here are some of the ways you can celebrate with us:
- EMPLOYEES: We’ll be showcasing many of our employees who’ve been with OneTrust the whole way. Watch out for our 5 employee spotlights to celebrate five years of trust.
- CUSTOMERS: We’re talking with our customers about how they are building more trusted companies with OneTrust, and how their programs have grown.
- COMMUNITY: We’ll be hosting our #FiveYearsofTrustGiveaway (details below), posting trivia quizzes, and sharing other ways you can join in the celebration.
Thank You to Our Community
Building a great technology is more than just the people internally doing the day-to-day work – it is about the entire ecosystem. And building a technology platform and defining the industry of trust takes our community. At OneTrust, we have the privilege of working with an incredible network of customers, partners, advisors, investors, and of course, our employees, who have been along for this journey.
We are where we are in these first five years thanks to you, and we can’t wait to see what’s next.
Celebrating Five Years of Trust Giveaway
Throughout the month of June, we will celebrate our five-year milestone with customers, partners, employees, investors, and the privacy, security, and governance community. Follow the #FiveYearsofTrust hashtag to join the celebrations, or share your OneTrust story using the #FiveYearsofTrust hashtag for a chance to be featured on OneTrust’s channels.
Celebrating five years of trust with us? Enter for your chance to win some free OneTrust swag!
How to Enter:
- Take a picture or a video of your favorite OneTrust swag or a previous PrivacyConnect you have attended. Don’t have a photo or a video? Take a screenshot of what you would like from the OneTrust store.
- Share your picture or video on social media using the hashtag #FiveYearsofTrustGiveaway and tag OneTrust on LinkedIn or Twitter.
- Subscribe to the DataGuidance Daily to get each day’s top privacy news straight to your inbox.
Be sure to follow the hashtag on social media to see how others are celebrating.
*Only photos posted throughout the month of June 2021 using the hashtag #FiveYearsofTrustGiveaway will be considered. Photos must be public in order to enter. By sharing your picture using #FiveYearsofTrustGiveaway you give OneTrust permission to share your image.