OneTrust Announces New Collaboration Features into Assessment Automation Module for GDPR, CCPA and Global Privacy ComplianceTweet Share Like
Features enhance collaboration, workflow, automation and usability to simplify compliance recordkeepingLONDON - 09/04/2018 -
OneTrust, the global leader in privacy management and marketing compliance with 1,500 customers, including 200 of the Global 2,000, today released new collaboration features integrated into the industry-leading privacy management technology. The new features make collaboration, workflow, integrations and usability simpler and more intuitive within the OneTrust Assessment Automation module for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other global privacy laws.
Learn more about OneTrust Assessment Automation and other modules at OneTrust PrivacyTECH 8-10 October in London
Companies are continuously assessing processes, technologies, vendors and other business practises for GDPR and global privacy compliance via privacy and data protection impact assessments (PIA/DPIAs). These assessments often require collaboration across multiple employees or groups of people to respond to and approve assessments. OneTrust has announced an update to its Assessment Automation module to enable more effective collaboration and streamline assessment automation for teams in organisations of all sizes. New features include:
- Multi-approvers with configurable approver groups and tiers of approval
- Multi-respondent feature to delegate answering of certain questions to other parties
- Flag questions as “needs more information” to review, chat and collaborate in real-time between business and privacy teams
- Inline comment threads to simplify collaboration across multiple reviewers
- Integrated assessment, PIA and data mapping assessment workflows to pre-populate assessment answers
- Automated assessment rules to automatically trigger sending additional assessments based on the first assessments answers and risk
- Auto-populate new processing activities or records of processing activities (RoPA) in the data inventory from the assessment
- Consolidated risk review process to centrally view and manage risks across all assessment types, applications, processing activities and more
- Simplified data element discovery through a new personal data matrix in the assessment
- Template builder improvements to easily drag / drop questions across sections, expanded view to build rules and more robust rule configurations
- Reopen completed assessments without resending new assessment
- Improved role access controls to allow users to access multiple organization groups within the OneTrust tool
The roll out of these features has already started, and many are available in the OneTrust platform today. Additional capabilities will be rolling out over the coming months, and customers will be notified via OneTrust release notes.
“Depending on the size, scope and complexity of an assessment, a business may need to bring together several groups of people for successful reviews and approvals,” said Blake Brannon, VP Product, OneTrust. “We built these collaboration features into OneTrust to help solve this challenge. Now users across teams, regions and departments can work in tandem to complete assessments and maintain compliance with the GDPR and other privacy laws.”
- Register for OneTrust PrivacyTECH on 8-10 October in London, the OneTrust’s annual global user conference, where 500+ industry leaders breakdown the latest technology innovations driving global privacy compliance
- Connect with OneTrust onTwitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Google+
OneTrust is the global leader in privacy management and marketing compliance software. More than 1,500 customers, including 200 of the Global 2,000, use OneTrust to comply with global data privacy regulations across sectors and jurisdictions, including the EU GDPR, ePrivacy (Cookie Law) and California Consumer Privacy Act. An additional 10,000 organisations use OneTrust’s technology through a partnership with the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), the world’s largest global information privacy community.
The comprehensive platform is based on a combination of intelligent scanning, regulator guidance-based questionnaires, automated workflows and developer plugins used together to automatically generate the record keeping required for an organisation to demonstrate compliance to regulators and auditors. The platform is enriched with content from hundreds of templates based on the world-class privacy research conducted by our 100+ in-house certified privacy professionals.
The software, available in 50+ languages, is backed by 24 awarded patents and can be deployed in an EU cloud or on-premise.
OneTrust helps organisations implement GDPR requirements, including Data Protection by Design and Default (PbD), Data Protection Impact Assessments (PIA/DPIA), Vendor Risk Management, Incident and Breach Management, Records of Processing (Data Mapping), Consent Management, ePrivacy Cookie Consent, Data Subject Access Rights, Portability and Right to Be Forgotten, as well as demonstrating accountability and compliance.
PrivacyConnect, OneTrust’s GDPR community, hosts free workshops in 85 international cities, and is attended by thousands of privacy professionals to share best practices.
PrivacyTECH, OneTrust’s global user conference, will take place 8-10 October in London. OneTrust PrivacyTECH will bring together 500+ privacy professionals breakdown the latest technology innovations driving global privacy compliance.
OneTrust is co-headquartered in Atlanta, GA and in London, UK, with additional offices in Bangalore, Melbourne, Munich and Hong Kong. The fast-growing team of privacy and technology experts surpasses 500 employees worldwide. To learn more, visit OneTrust.com.
Tweet Share Like