As we celebrate Data Privacy Day 2021, we’re taking the opportunity to reflect on how the privacy landscaped changed due to the introduction of numerous new regulations and guidelines while we faced a global pandemic, and taking a look at the key data protection trends for 2021.
We’re hosting a range of events in the week leading up to Data Privacy Day on January 28, to discuss the current privacy landscape in your region.
Regional Data Privacy Day 2021 Events
2020 bought us a lot of notable changes in the privacy industry, and 2021 promises lots of new developments on the horizon, so we’re hosting a range of regional events, bringing local experts together to discuss the key trends for each region.
Each panel will dive into the relevant regional laws and recent regulatory updates, as well as discussing the impact of other regulations from around the world including the GDPR, CCPA, and LGPD.
EMEA Data Privacy Day Panel:
- Thursday, January 28 | 3:00 pm GMT | 4:00 pm CET
- We have a great panel joining us to discuss the changes to the privacy landscape in EMEA including, Eleonor Duhs, Director at Fieldfisher, and Leonardo Cervera Navas, Director at EDPS.
- Register for the European Privacy Expert Panel here.
Americas Data Privacy Day Panel:
- Thursday, January 28 | 2:00 pm EST | 11:00 am PST
- Join us for an exciting discussion, with a panel featuring Natalie Kirn, Senior Corporate Data Privacy Compliance Specialist at FedEx, Brittany Bacon, Partner at Hunton & Williams LLP, and Lara Liss, Vice President, Global Chief Privacy Officer at Walgreens Boots Alliance.
- Register for the American Privacy Expert Panel here.
Brazil Data Privacy Day Panel:
- Wednesday, January 27 | 2pm GMT-3
- Join this session for great discussion from our expert panel, including Lucas Gobbo, Global Data Privacy Manager at AB InBev, and Marcelo Crespo, Personal Data Protection Specialist, Associate at PG Advogados.
- Register for the Brazil Privacy Expert Panel here.
Asia Pacific Data Privacy Day Panel:
- Thursday, January 28 | 1:00 pm AEDT | 10:00 am SGT | 3:00 pm NZST | 7:30 am IST
- Our lineup for this panel includes, Mathew Chacko, Partner at Spice Route Legal, Galaad Delval, Data Protection Officer at Chen & Co. Law Firm, Karen Guerinoni, Director, Privacy at Ashurst, and Andrew Lee, GDPR Privacy & Digital Development at Minor Hotels.
- Register for the APJ Privacy Expert Panel here.
Put Your Privacy Trivia to the Test
Think you know your stuff when it comes to privacy? Join your local PrivacyConnect community and put your data privacy knowledge to the test in our regional Data Privacy Day trivia events. What’s a competition without prizes? The winners will earn exclusive Data Privacy Day prizes!
Find your region and sign up for Data Privacy Day Trivia:
- Monday, January 25 | European Region 1 | 4:00 pm GMT| Register here
- Tuesday, January 26 | Asia Pacific Region | 12:00pm AEDT | 9:00 am SGT | 2:00 pm NZST | Register here
- Tuesday, January 26 | DACH Region (auf Deutsch) | 12:00 pm CET | Register here
- Tuesday, January 26 | Brazil Region (em português) | 16:00 (horário de Brasília) | Register here
- Wednesday, January 27 | European Region 2 | 12:00 pm GMT | Register here
- Wednesday, January 27 | Americas Region | 4:00 pm EST | Register here
Register for your Data Privacy Day event to hear the latest discussion on your region’s top privacy topics! Or join your local community chapter for some fun and games to put your privacy knowledge to the test.
Further Reading for Data Privacy Day 2021:
- Download the report: Data Privacy in 2020: 10 Moments That Shaped the Year
- Download the infographic: Data Privacy in 2020 Infographic: 10 Moments that Shaped the Year
Next steps on Data Privacy Day 2021: