Thai PDPA Compliance Deadline
Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) was published in the Royal Gazette on May 28, 2019, and brought with it, among other things, obligations for controllers and processors, legal bases for data processing including consent requirements, data subject rights, data breach notification requirements, and penalties for non-compliance.
On May 5, 2021, the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society announced that the Cabinet of Thailand had approved a draft decree to postpone the enforcement of the PDPA for a second time. The new deadline of June 1, 2022, means that organizations that have operations in Thailand have a further 12 months to prepare their PDPA compliant privacy programs.
How OneTrust Helps
In this Thai PDPA Compliance video, we explore how OneTrust’s suite of privacy governance solutions can help organizations prepare their privacy program in key compliance areas for the Thai PDPA compliance deadline. These solutions include:
- OneTrust Assessment Automation
- OneTrust Incident & Breach Response
- OneTrust Vendor Risk Management
- OneTrust Policy & Notice Management
Each solution can assist with different areas of PDPA compliance such as data collection and surveying risk, responding to data breaches, and controlling third-party access to data. Watch the video above or request a demo to see how OneTrust can help.
Further reading for the Thai PDPA:
- OneTrust Blog: The Ultimate Guide to Thai PDPA Compliance
- OneTrust Blog: Thai PDPA Data Subject Rights: What You Should Know
- OneTrust Infographic: Thai PDPA Data Subject Rights: What You Should Know
- OneTrust DataGuidance News: Postponement of the PDPA receives royal assent and published within the Royal Gazette
- OneTrust Blog: Are You Ready For The Thai PDPA Compliance Deadline?
- OneTrust DataGuidance Blog: The Ultimate Guide to APAC’s PDPA Regulations