A good data governance strategy has become key as data governance teams quickly become central in the shift towards data-driven business models. The ever-changing regulatory landscape coupled with a need to maintain and govern a clear and accurate view into the vast quantities of data that organizations store makes good data governance a challenge. Specialized data governance tools can help find, categorize, and enrich data but for this to be effective a good data governance strategy must be implemented first.
Watch the webinar: Metadata Management Best Practices
How to Build an Effective Data Governance Strategy
There are several factors of good data governance that can assist organizations in driving business value and building data intelligence. However, embedding a strong strategy from the outset of your governance program can help to harness the hidden potential of your data and make trust a competitive advantage across the organization.
In this video we have outlined 5 top tips for an effective data governance strategy:
- Know your data
- Leverage AI-driven data interpretation and metadata management
- Take your privacy, security, and governance programs out of a silo
- Govern your data with smart policy management
- Understand that your approach to data management enables business use and collaboration
Understanding your data is obviously a foundational component for data governance programs. In order to affect real data intelligence, promote data democratization, and derive valuable business insights a strong strategy needs to be in place. Request a demo to see how OneTrust DataGovernance can help find and effectively govern quality, compliant data that drives business value.
Watch the webinar: Metadata Management Best Practices on Tuesday, May 25 at 11 am EDT
Next steps on building an effective data governance strategy:
- Get Started: OneTrust DataGovernance
- Watch the webinar: 3 Keys to a Unified Data Governance Program
- OneTrust Blog: Data Governance Doesn’t Live in A Silo